Monday, February 1, 2010

It's been over a month.....

since I've blogged. I know, shame on me. Lots of things are going on.

Here's an update.
First of all, I didn't get the MTV gig, which is ok with me. I've accepted the fact that I do not have a good relationship with the camera. It was an experience.

I spent New Years in Punta del Este, Uruguay with someone very special : )
Uruguay is beautiful, very clean, and safe. The beaches are unreal and I felt I was back in Rio since I heard Portuguese everywhere. I was in Punta for 2 weeks and it was difficult coming back to noisy Buenos Aires. However, since I've been back, the noise level has been extremely low. Everyone is still on vacation.

I found a job!!! And I actually start tomorrow. It's a sales position dealing with customers in the States. English only of course. I started up the tennis teaching as well. I'm slowly getting new clients : ) It feels good to be employed again!

Everything seems to be falling into place and I'm HAPPY. When I look back, it's all so surreal. Did I really quit my job of 5 years? Did I pack up 2 suitcases, not knowing when I was coming back home? Did I really purchase a 1 way ticket to Buenos Aires? Did I get on that plane? YES, I ACTUALLY DID AND IT FEELS AMAZING. I feel liberated to have made the decision. And I didn't fail, I succeeded. I have no regrets. I took a chance knowing it was risky. However, "It's better to regret the things you do, rather than the things you don't do." I knew if things weren't going as planned, I could always get on the plane and go back home. My dad thought I was going to last 1 month. Daddy, I'm still here : )
This place is no longer a vacation destination, it is slowly becoming a second home. Sometimes it terrifies me, but then it excites me. Do not worry, I do not see this place as home forever. It's changed me as a person...made me aware of things I've never thought about...tested my limits...exposed me to a different language/culture...educated me about politics...opened my mind....introduced me to amazing places and people........dulce de leche and tramontana ice cream from Freddo : )....and most importantly made me appreciate everything I've been giving in this life. I am very lucky and fortunate. Thank you Argentina and Camilo.

Two quotes:
"If we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going."

"If we can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment