Saturday, December 26, 2009

MTV VJ

So, last week I went on an interview at MTV in Buenos Aires. Yes, I somehow found a job posting on craigslist for a MTV VJ. I sent an email with a few pics, and I had an interview scheduled. I was a little concerned, so I emailed a friend just to verify it was legit since something like this would never happen back home in the States.
I had to memorize a whole script (in English of course). I stayed up late and practiced the whole next day. There was a lot to remember, so I was nervous. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I thought why not. I knew it was going to be a cool experience, either way.
I walked into MTV and all these models were in the lobby. They were all locals from Buenos Aires, rehearsing there lines and butchering all the words. I thought I had this in the bag, but I didn't know how I was going to do in front of the camera.
They finally brought me to the back, and put some makeup on me. I was ready to go. I walked into the room, there was a whole set and 3 camera people. I started freaking out. This was for real! Ahhhh! They put a mic on me and asked to introduce myself. The guy was really nice, and I'm sure I was shaking. Then, they told me to rehearse my lines, I remembered ONLY 2 lines. I blew it. Then, the guy kept trying and asked me to talk about any music video. I choose Lady Gaga and the Jonas Brothers, don't ask. I was rushing and he kept asking me to go longer. I couldn't calm down and just talk normally. The screening was done. They told me they would contact people the following week, I wasn't expecting to hear from them.
I left MTV pissed, I could have totally nailed it if I was somewhat decent in front of the camera. Oh well, I guess TV is not for me : (
I'm still teaching English in the meantime, and looking for a full time job.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, TELL ME THERE'S A TAPE OF IT SOMEWHERE!!! - LOVE, JENNY I.

    ReplyDelete