Sunday, December 20, 2009

Carilo.....tranquility





Last weekend I headed to Carilo, a small cute beach town about 4 hours away from the city. I was looking forward to getting out of BsAs. Lately, the city has been super loud and very fast paced. Carilo was the answer. A good friend invited me and we were off on the road to a piece of heaven.
On the drive, we stopped to get the most amazing Medialunas...Atalaya!! They were so delicious. Yum!
We arrived to Carilo and headed straight to the beach. There were barely any people on the beach, it was perfect. We drank Mate, chit-chatted, relaxed, and took everything in.
We ended up staying the night because we just didn't want to leave. In the evening, we explored the little downtown area. We decided on Italian for dinner. I had the most amazing dish, Sorrentinos (like ravioli) with chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce. One of the best dishes by far! And of course the night ended with Freddo helado (ice cream)....Dulce de Leche and Tramontana.
The next day it was the beach again. It was chilly, so I was all covered up, but I still managed to burn : ()
Sitting on the beach and looking out at the water, I reminisced about my whole experience in Argentina. Sometimes, I stop and pinch myself. It's still surreal. I've been here for almost 3 months now. I've learned so much about this culture and most importantly myself. I am happy. I am appreciating every second. Even the low moments, when I think about my family and how much I miss them. I cherish them even more now! But, I'm not ready to leave Argentina quite yet....
On the way back from Carilo, we drove through Pinamar and stopped in La Plata. The church in La Plata is much bigger and more beautiful than the one in Lujan. La Plata is known as the city of "diagonals" because of the streets. I would never go by myself, who knows where I would end up : ) Thank you to my friend who took me on this amazing weekend trip ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment