Thursday, October 15, 2009

1 week already

Spanish classes have started! They are coming along, but very slowly. It's hard to understand a lot of things because they speak so fast here. And the accents are difficult with an Italian twist. My host lady took me to class the first day on the bus, thankfully. However, I seemed to not have paid enough attention because on the way home (by myself) I kept inserting the coins in the machine on the bus and they wouldn't go in. Everyone was staring, even the bus driver. So, I let the girl behind me go ahead, and she said "uno viente" and the machine took the coins. So, I copied her and they went in. The bus driver was giving me a hard time on purpose. The whole bus knew I was foreign, haha. Yup, you have to tell the bus driver how much you're going to pay for your ride. 1.20 pesos is 32 cents...super cheap.

Last night went over to Colleen's friend's place. We watched the game (Argentina vs. Uruguay) game. Argentina won and qualified to the World Cup. After the game, we had a delicious dinner...carne with potatoes and Creme ice cream with cherry syrup topping. Yummy! Colleen's friends are so nice. I ended up staying there until 1 am, such wonderful people. This is the amazing thing, the people here are so willing to help you out and show you their country.

Today, I moved into another apartment. I'm living with an older lady, she's very kind. It's in a safe neighborhood. She is getting wifi installed for me tomorrow, yes!!!! My new friend Juan introduced me to this lady. He's helped me out a lot since I've arrived.

Tomorrow, I have a tennis teaching interview. I will be going on another bus adventure to a city called Nunez.....

No comments:

Post a Comment