Thursday, October 1, 2009

No GOING AWAY PARTY for Anushka

So, I'm not having a going away party because I don't like saying Goodbye, I get too emotional. Instead, I'm meeting up with different groups of friends and family. Last weekend, I went to Bridget and Jackie's going away party. They are actually off to Brazil today. I will be seeing their pretty faces in South America. On Sunday, I had a BBQ with my WHOLE family, even Ves came home from school. My niece and nephew came over as well with my older bro Stanko. I'm going to miss those kiddies. And my dad actually skipped going to the farm in Wisconsin for the BBQ! Sunday night, headed over to Margaret's. We had some cake and tea, yummy! Monday night went to Cafe Ba Ba Reba with Ivana and Nada. Tuesday night met up with Nirali for tea. Last night went to dinner with Kostas, he's off to Greece today. So many people seem to be traveling around the globe these days, I love it!

I think I'm finally over my cold, it's been about a month. I took some sort of natural tonic from a co-worker, and it's working! Thank God, traveling when you're sick really sucks. I'm in very high spirits this week. I'm ready to get on the plane and head down to Buenos Aires! I talked to a Brazilian friend last night, and he was so encouraging. He thinks it's great that I quit my job and I'm going on this adventure. He said I have cojones (balls), hahahaha!
The POSITIVE ENERGY from everyone has done me wonders!

I received a surprise package from Amazon over the weekend! It was from my friend Greg in Milwaukee, he sent me a book on Buenos Aires!

Tonight I'm going to dinner with Kristin, Robyn, Laura P., and Laura M. These gals are all hilarious, especially Laura M. My stomach is prepared for all the laughing! It's a great way to start off my last weekend in Chicago.

Thank you to all my friends for being such wonderful people! I am very fortunate to have all of you in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Anna G00D LUCK!!! This will be the best decision you've ever made.. I can feel it. Look forward to read your blog and see pictures. I think Im almost as excited as you are about this adventure :-)

    Take care!!! Lot's of hugs from Denmark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie!!! Looks like you're having a blast in Denmark! Lots of kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete