Saturday, October 31, 2009

Last week of October....




I've been neglecting my blog this week, I'm sorry. These Castillano classes have been draining me, and I finished up my 3 week session yesterday. I'm going to take a break and study on my own and force myself to speak Castillano as much as possible. I'm sure my porteno friends are laughing at me right now, because I resort to English all the time. I'm going to be strict.

On Monday, I went to an interview for a sales position. It's over the phone sales for a realty company. They offered me the position, but I decided to decline since I really do not want to work on Saturdays. Also, the money was horrible. At least, I know I can find a job here : ) Monday night Juan came over. Senora Marta bought these delicious little sandwiches ( I forgot the name). But, it was a sweet pastry with jamon (ham) inside. Sounds weird, but it was delicious. Juan is the one who introduced me to Senora Marta.

Tuesday I had an interview with another school for teaching English. The lady was super nice, and said she would have work for me. So, I will probably start teaching next week.
I received a surprise phone call from Sarit this week. It was great to talk to her, I miss her and all my friends back home.

Wednesday, I played tennis in Puerto Madero, it was absolutely gorgeous. I played with a girl from London. She lives on the 43rd floor and has an amazing view of the city. Buenos Aires looked gigantic and even more beautiful. Later in the evening, I joined some of my classmates to go see a classic music and singing performance at the Cervantes Theater. The music was soothing, and just what I needed. Afterward, we went to a well known pizza restaurant name Los Immortales. I think the pizza was better than our Chicago pizza. The dairy and meet taste so real in Argentina.

Thursday, I walked around with Thierry (Chicago friend) in Recoleta and Palermo. We went to the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes Museum. My first visit to a museum. I was exhausted afterward, it's all the walking. I'm still on a mission to find shoes, it's hard to find my size here : (

Friday was my last day of class. I will eventually continue with classes, but probably with a private tutor.

1 comment:

  1. Anna: Espero que estes disfrutando de Buenos Aires. Obvio que como decidiste dejar tus clases de ingles te hablo en castellano. Nos veremos el proximo lunes o algun dia de estos vamos a comer a mi resto. Besos.

    I translate now: Anna: I hope you enjoy Buenos Aires. Of course if yoy decided to leav yoy englis clases im going to speak in spanis. I hope we se us on Mondey or in my resto. KS

    ReplyDelete