Saturday, October 17, 2009

San Telmo/La Boca







(This is an older post, but I somehow deleted it : )
Went San Telmo and La Boca with my Chicago friends. San Telmo is very cute, lots of street vendors and people. There are so many cool things to buy here.....leather messenger bags, mate pots, awesome jewelery, sandals. Lots of dredlocks and hippie people : ) We walked to La Boca from San Telmo. Not, La Boca is not really known as a safe place, and at times I was prepared to run if something were to jump out on the street. We were the only tourists in this area. Thankfully, everything went ok. We saw the La Boca juniors soccer stadium, it's huge. La Boca has all the colored buildings and tango dancers performing on the street. Not sure what to think about Tango, I prefer salsa or samba. However, I haven't tried it yet, so I can't judge so quickly. We went to dinner in San Telmo. The chicken and potatoes were fabulous! All the food is heavy here, they barely eat any fruits and vegetables. And I do not know how vegetarians survive here.
Luckily, I don't think I've gained weight since I've been walking everywhere : )
After dinner we walked by an art galleria. My 2 friends know the owner (Dutchman), so we saw him and he welcomed us in. It was just the 4 of us chit chatting in the art galleria, very pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment