Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sushi, Niceto Club & Boca/River





Friday night went for Sushi in Puerto Madero with Juan and Ana. Everything was delicious, except for the ginger. It's definitely not the same as in the States. The weather was so bizarre on Friday, sort of reminded me of Chicago. It was in the 80's and humid during the day, and then at night it went down to the 60's and it was pouring. After sushi, we went for some cake and tea at Fresh Market.
Last night went out with expats. Started off in San Telmo at a friend's place and then headed to Niceto Club. It was officially my first night out in Buenos Aires. We arrived at the club around 2 am, which is normal. There was a huge line, but two of my friends were able to get us in with their smooth talking. The club was interesting. There were different sorts of bands playing and a dj. There were 2 rappers from Mendoza. And a band playing Gothic music. Lot of dred locks. The people weren't that dressed up, which I was really surprised. But, I guess it depends where you go.
Time flew by and when I checked the time it was 5 am! A friend and I decided to leave, I was in bed by 6 am. It's been a very long time since I stayed up that late.
Today, played doubles with Juan, Ana, and Mariana. It was beautiful outside. Afterward, went over to Ana's for lunch and the football game La Boca vs. River Plate. The lunch was amazing, it was my first asado! Lots of different parts of the cow, chorizo pan sandwich. Everything was delicious! Juan and Ana's friends were over as well, they are so nice. I appreciate them speaking in English and explaining things to me. I always have tons of questions. We all watched the game together. A few were cheering for Boca, and a few for River. This 1 couple was so funny (1 is for Boca, and the other for River). They went back and forth with sarcastic comments (lots of hand movements and yelling). I couldn't stop laughing. I picked up on words here and there, since it was in Spanish. The score was 1-1. I wish football (soccer) was big in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment